- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
DIY Underwater Tripod
-
-
Strange, it seems the new WP format has no longer got a functional BBcode to embed a non-HD Youtube video.
Nice work Andrew. Were you using the 60mm?
Cheers,
Jim.
-
Ha! Thanks Jim. Thought I'd deleted that unsuccessful attempt at Youtube embedding. Something has changed on Wetpixel.
So you used "youtubeHD" tags ?
Yes, 60mm macro.
Actually I just worked it out.
Use the "media" tags around the full link to your video
The video above shows my tripod made from my existing strobe clamps and arms, attached to 3 Sea and Sea 1" ball adapters bolted to the Ike tray. Picture below.
Had to enlarge holes to 8mm on 2 adapters, and drill one hole in the tray to attach the third adapter.

Conditions were miserable with 2m vis and 10c water
-
Great idea! Simple yet effective. I have an Aquatica tripod. It's nice...but pricey!!