Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus EM-5 and Nauticam housing in Cozumel

Started by jlyle ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus EM-5 and Nauticam housing in Cozumel

6 posts
  1. We need a new forum for mirrorless cameras! The EM-5 is neither a DSLR nor a cosumer digicam. I guess you would call it a DSLM (digital single lens mirrorless) camera.

     

    I just returned from three weeks in Cozumel, playing with my new EM-5 in a Nauticam housing. Here's a link to the trip report and many, many images taken with the camera.

     

    http://diver.net/bbs/posts003/86335.shtml

     

    Enjoy,

    Jim

  2. Looking (very) good!

     

    Alex

  3. Nice. The 10mm Subsee with the 14-42 is quite surprising. DOF is amazing for compared to the usual with the 10mm Subsee.

  4. Beautiful, thank you for the hundreds of examples! Thats making me change my mind now!

  5. I agree with a new forum for mirorless camera users !! I had also the opportunity to do a small contest in France , with friends , but they did not knew in what category include my camera as there is a contest especially for compact and two others one for wide angle and one for macro , of course I wanted to go in the compact contest as I wanted to use my 12-50 ( hoping that the port and gear soon arrive ..) ..So compact or DSLR for competitions ??

     

    Anyway , thank to share your pictures , they are very good !!

     

    (I've posted some also a few days ago ) .

  6. Really good work Jim! Thanks for the report. I agree that it would be good to separate the mirror less, single lens, digitals into another category in WP, but this falls on deaf ears with the administration.

     

    As far a photo competition, this camera IQ is on par or better than many DSLRs.

     

    Regards,

    Bob

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.