Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New article about D4 under water

Started by Lasse ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

New article about D4 under water

3 posts
  1. I recommend Espen Rekdals article about his experiences with the D4 in Nauticam Housing:

     

    http://www.espenrekd...=104&itemid=104

     

    2099-302-2012.jpg

    Edited by Lasse
  2. Interesting read Espen. Thanks for sharing Lasse.

     

    Having shot both cameras quite a lot now underwater, I would add that the D4's autofocus noticeably outperforms the D800's. Although both are ahead of the previous generation Nikons.

     

    However, I don't see why the D4's video can pass the broadcast test, but the D800's does not. But maybe that's because I don't know enough about video.

     

    Alex

  3. D4 has less compression artifacting, noise, moiré and aliasing than the D800, Alex. Just too many mp to downsize to 1920x1080 with the D800.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.