Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Non-Ikelite Strobes on Ikelite Housing for D800?

Started by guyharrisonphoto ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Non-Ikelite Strobes on Ikelite Housing for D800?

3 posts
  1. Hi, I am thinking about the Ike housing for the d800. Are there any non-Ikelite strobes that will work with the camera's TTL flash metering. I ask because you can't use the flash with the Ike housing and so have to have electronic sync.

     

    The Ike website says you have to use Ike flashes, but I am interested in YS D-1s or Inon 240Zs.

     

    Thanks

     

    Guy

  2. Only ikelite strobes if you want ttl.

  3. Thanks Alex,

     

    That is helpful because if I am locked in to Ikelite then I have to factor that into my cost.

     

    Guy

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.