Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Can I stack UCL-165 M67 with UCL-165AD using 10Bar Inon AD To M67 Mount Adapter?

Started by dkayuk ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Can I stack UCL-165 M67 with UCL-165AD using 10Bar Inon AD To M67 Mount Adapter?

4 posts
  1. Hi all

    I've recently upgraded my u/w kit to the Olympus EPL3 camera & PT-EP05L housing. For now I will be using the EPL3 kit lens (14-42mm). Also I bought the UCL-165 M67 macro lens. From my old Olympus compact camera u/w setup I still have the UCL-165AD macro lens.

     

    There is an adapter "10 Bar Inon AD To M67 Mount Adapter" which can be used to "attach the lens to a standard 67mm threaded lens port on a housing". Can it also be used to stack a UCL-165AD with a UCL-165 M67 lens?

     

    ie I would have : PT-EP05L housing --> UCL-165 M67 --> 10BAR adapter-->UCL 165AD

     

    Has anybody tried this and if it works, are the results any good?

     

    If this doesn't work I can sell the UCL-165AD on ebay :)

     

    thx

     

    David

  2. Not sure!

    Edited by Alex_Tattersall
  3. It is worth a try, many people stack FIT style diopters. Guess you will have to be within 2-4 inches of the subject to get focus.

  4. I have the 10bar adapter myself with a pair of AD mount macro lenses attached direct to the olympus macro adapter on my EPL-2 and that works fine. Seem to remember trying the AD mount lenses plus adapter on my fiance's EPL3 directly but getting some vignetting issues, though this may not be a problem with the 165 screw in first as you describe.

    Mooseman

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.