Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Advice

Started by Damo ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice

6 posts
  1. Hi folks,

     

    I have agreed to donate a photo to a non profit organisation (I will use the pseudonym NAME for said organisation), and was very happy to do so initially................ until I was then asked to agree to this 'standard' agreement.....

     

    "By submitting content and photos you are asserting that you hold the copyright or have the owner's permission to submit them to NAME for use online, and in NAME'S printed material"

     

    I have been told I will be credited with image used.

     

    What do you guys think?

     

    Tanx a mill in advance.

     

    D

  2. sounds normal to me. You have offered it to them for advertising use etc? As something you have donated then retaining copyright is what should be expected and your name should certainly be credited of course. Doesn't sound to me like they are trying to "attain copyright" or anything fishy.

     

    Go for it

  3. That sounds a lot better than most agreements. I think they are just trying to be sure that it is your work you are sending in.

    Bill

  4. Do they mention the offer of a credit in their submission terms?

     

    If yes, fine...if not...don't count on the credit as it could be a personal offer, rather than a policy....

     

    Just my 2p.

  5. Sensible buyers of any art would be likely to ask the vendor if they owned the rights to reproduce.

  6. Because they are a "non profit" does not mean they have no money. If you are passionate about what they are doing, then it is ok to donate your photograph. But if you not, then I would not give them the pic. Don't fall prey to the old "will give you credit" scheme. Inquire a little more. You may find that everyone is paid, except you. I'm contacted frequently to either volunteer my time or photos. You have to be selective in who or what causes you give the, away. If I did it for free, then I would be busy with non paid work.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.