Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Need a new image hosting site

Started by Steve Williams ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Need a new image hosting site

5 posts
  1. Our Smugmug friends have decided to (cough) double their pricing rate for pro support from $150 to $300 a year. That's where we host the Fin Foundation site and as a non profit I'm not happy supporting that kind of change if I have better options. I know about Zenfolio, are there other hosting sites that you can recommend we check out?

     

    I'd appreciate any help,

    Steve

  2. Hi Steve,

     

    Does the Fin Foundation sell images through SmugMug?

     

    If not, the portfolio version (non-sales) of the Pro membership is unchanged at $150.

     

    Adam

  3. Yes we do Adam, not many but since every dime goes to the kids it helps. It's not quite unchanged, they are messing with some of the things that have made Smugmug so good up to now like the Watermarking tool. Yesterday their site said it would only be available with the Pro account. Today after the tide of unhappy customers washed over them it's showing up as included in the Portfolio level. Guess things are still in flux. Luckily we just paid up in June so we have some time at the old rate before we have to decide.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  4. hi,

    image hosting websits are dumping their free account users now-a-days due to core competition , please try image hosting service at deffe.com. its really working fast, simple and more over its FREE.

     

    hope this comment helps you ,

     

    Regards ,

     

    nicky

  5. I use Zenfolio Steve, they're brilliant, feel free to see what I've done with my site

    www.scubysnaps.com

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.