Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

$15 lens gear

Started by Fpena06 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

$15 lens gear

6 posts
  1. Got frustrated not being able to find the right pipe size to fit my Tokina 11-16 and Nikon 1224 and came up with this. Please note this will only work on lens that have the zoom ring positioned directly underneath the housing gear wheel. It's very solid and I still have enough material to build plenty more.

    post-34042-0-22863500-1346634111_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-88427400-1346634117_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-67807300-1346634125_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-18864700-1346634132_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-22544200-1346634144_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-96458400-1346634158_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-84897700-1346634167_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-13920300-1346634186_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-29213200-1346634199_thumb.jpg

    post-34042-0-41459200-1346634207_thumb.jpg

  2. Umm...!

    Housing, camera, lens, strobes about $6.000

    So why are you unwilling to part with $100 to insure a functional system?

  3. Because for $15 now I can use two additional lens, which would have cost me about $300. For $15 and 10min of work, I think is worth the try.

  4. I love the idea- as someone who is probably going to have to part with $500+ to replace the $500 worth of gears that I already have for the older version of Aquatica housing that I am upgrading from- I might just consider doing something like this. Anybody need any 18xxx series Aquatica gears- I have lots of them that just became likely worth less than $15 each

  5. Nice DIY job and certainly worth a try. Had many discussions/whinges with buddies about the high price of focus/zoom rings and I wish

    I could make one for the Nikon 105mm. The $250USD price tag for such a simple piece of equipment is vexing to say the least.

     

    My only concern with yours is the possibility of particles dislodging from the velcro strip, then getting into where you don't want them.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  6. if that work its aa GOLDEN ideal.. good work!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.