Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

NudiPixel still operating?

Started by JimG ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

NudiPixel still operating?

8 posts
  1. Does anybody know if Nudipixel is still operational. Have submitted several pics over the last few months - some were acknowledged but no formal response followed. The latest one wasn't acknowledged. Have seen others asking this question on their Facebook page but it hasn't been answered.

    (If this is in the wrong section, apologies and please move)

  2. So are you not even getting the automated emails confirming submissions? I haven't submitted to them for a few months now

    but whenever I had in the past it could take 1-2 months before an image submission would make it on-line. Have you tried

    sending a message via their contact form?- http://www.nudipixel.net/contact/

     

    The site is a labour of love I believe, could they be on a trip/liveaboard at the moment?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. Thanks Jim - didn't get an auto response to my last submission. Yes have tried the contact form but only recently.

     

    Hope all is OK - it is a very useful resource but I hadn't realised it is a purely voluntary venture.

  4. You can also try posting a photo here in the Critter ID section. As one of the people that helped Nudipixel with ID's until recently, (it became overwhelming), I would be happy to try to help you out. There are also other very knowledgeable people that regularly help id critters here that may be of help. You also might want to check the thread on online ID sources to help figure out what your critter is.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  5. I received a couple of "Latest Photos" emails from Nudipixel this week. Decided to submit half a dozen images

    after that to see just how long it takes for them to be posted to site.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  6. Yes, I got those Jim. Mine were not included. My longest outstanding submission dates back to 3rd August

  7. My Images submitted on the 13th October were posted on the 25th. So looks like the folks at Nudipixel are working hard on the backlog.

     

    As an aside while doing a routine Google search for my images I found a few of my slug images on Pinterest. They had been

    repinned from a Nudipixel pinterest account. I sent NP a please explain email as I had not authorised the images use on Pinterest

    and Pinterest was not mentioned in their terms of submission. They have been removed but have not recieved an explanation/apology.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.