Currently using a tokina 10-17mm in a sea n sea dx200 housing with zoom gear.
Just thinking about adding a teleconverter but then thought...if I add a teleconverter, the zoom gear wont work anymore as there is now extra length to the lens assembly.
Just wondering, do fellow wetpixellers leave the focal length fixed on their tokina 10-17mm, when diving with a teleconverter- and if so, what length do you prefer??
Any thoughts/advice much appreciated as always
Damo
This may help, I have just ordered the bits for my nauticam housing and had to order some new zoom gear as well, maybe sea and sea do the same?
Hi Damo,
Sea & Sea may offer a specific zoom gear for the purpose.
I found that by reversing a Subal 10-17 gear, I was able to use it with a TC, so it may also be worth trying this with your Sea & Sea.
You may be aware of this, but you will probably also need a port extension. This is typically a 15mm one.
Adam
Hi Damo,
there is a third party zoom ring for that combo available.