Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Frogfish I.D?

Started by MortenHansen ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Frogfish I.D?

4 posts
  1. post-36000-0-56750700-1347436653_thumb.jpg

     

     

    Found this frogfish in Bali. To me it looks like a striatus but the lure looks more, well, fluffy.

     

    Any ideas?

     

    I know its not the best shot for an I.D, Sorry! smile.png

     

    Happy bubbles, Morten

  2. Hi Morten,

     

    Going by the lure I think your find is Antennarius hispidus which looks very similar to A.striatus.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. I'd agree with Jim. Its lure is shaped like a pompom imitating a tube worm. Seen lots in Bali, especially in Gillimanuk Bay, and some random dive spots on the North Coast of Bali.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Daniel

  4. Googled a bit and I think you guys are right!

     

    Thanks a bunch!

     

    -Morten

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.