I did go to the websites mentioned and poked around a bit to get a feel for some of the pricing. The gear is quite expensive and I think I've narrowed two ways this could go. I think I have to eliminate any point and shoot cameras because I don't think I can deal with the shutter lag.
What I'd like to get are two sets of gear suggestions (one for my Nikon D7000 and the other for an older Nikon DSLR that I may purchase to be a dedicated underwater body).
1. I know for the D7000, I would probably go with an Ikelite housing as it seems to be the least expensive of the nicer housings. What I'm not sure of is what else I would need. Sounds like a Port (for Sigma 10-20), arm, strobe (Sea and Sea perhaps), I will have to contact the above mentioned sites.
2. The other option would be to get a used older Nikon DSLR (D90 maybe?) and housing as it may be less expensive to go that route and I assume the same port/arm/strobe, etc.
Oh and 3...a lot of practice 
Another example that might come a little closer to what I'm looking to do are the underwater shots on this site http://www.urchinrock.com. I don't mind cranking the ISO up if that will allow me to not use strobes outside the pool, because I don't think I will be able to afford it at this point and using my normal Alien Bees with plug is probably not a good idea (not sure how I would fire them off anyways.)
I'll be using the photos for promotional images for advertising and possibly printing some for parent of the kids (5x7, 8x10ish).