Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lens Storage

Started by pompeygreg ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens Storage

4 posts
  1. How do people store their lenses between dives?

     

    I've a Inon wide angle which has a nice solid plastic cap on the rear and a neoprene cover but my 67mm diopters have no such luxuries. Any suggestions about what I could use?

     

    I have a lens holder on my arm for dives, but I'm worried about scratches on the glass when they're not in use.

     

    Greg

  2. I wash them nicely (diopters) and put them in a lens bag which was actually intended for my teleconverter, easy stuff.

  3. I use the felt bag that Crown Royale comes in. You can usually get them for free at a local liquor store.

  4. Assuming we're talking "dry" lenses, not wet diopters, I put them in a ziplock, wrap them in a hand towel, and put them in a dry bag with the rest of my "dry" stuff like wallet, towel, etc....

     

    That said, I don't take a lot on a commercial boat. Generally, I carry a 24-105L and 16-35L both which work with the same 240mm dome. One is on the camera, so I really only have one lens outside the housing. If I'm shooting macro, nothing extra comes along. The dome stays home or in the truck; flat port is on the housing with macro inside.

    Edited by m1mm1m
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.