Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sequencing of adding resolution with FM SI pro

Started by Kelpfish ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sequencing of adding resolution with FM SI pro

3 posts
  1. Sequencing of adding resolution with FM SI pro

    At what juncture of editing a digital file should I use SI pro? If I am going to edit a file, do I use it upfront before I begin color adjustments and image sizing? Or SI Pro it just before sharpening?

     

    Thanks

     

    Joe

  2. Hi Joe,

     

    I found I got the best results if the interpolation was my absolute first step in the process. I noticed that when I applied SI after doing color correction and unsharp masking, I got strange artifacts as a result. It seems to magnify even the smallest specks, blobs and glitches, which makes sense, since that's what its supposed to do.

     

    Bonnie

  3. I sharpen before SI. Otherwise, the resulting image is hard to make look sharp.

     

    In general, you should sharpen, then SI, then sharpen again. This doesn't work on some images, but it's the first thing I try.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.