Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Advice on saving settings in PS: on reinstall

Started by Longimanaus ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice on saving settings in PS: on reinstall

1 posts
  1. I recently did a bonehead move and tried to install Lightroom 4 on my older Mac desktop without reading the readme file that plainly exlains that I needed an OS upgrade for it to work. The installer worked for 30 seconds, errored and then quit.

     

    When I tried to start Photoshop in CS5, I am now consistently getting an error. I tried looking at the error report to figure out what is going wrong, but it is not that intuitive.

     

    My query is how can I repair Photoshop's corrupted files without doing an uninstall/reinstall (assuming that a file or two was corrupted by the attempted Lightroom install)? Or, how to I save my settings? I reckon I just need to put a file on the side that has all of my settings, keywords, etc and then drop it back into the correct directory once I have reinstalled.

     

    Many thanks in advance for your help.

     

    Matt

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.