Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sony Vegas Pro 12 Released

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony Vegas Pro 12 Released

4 posts
  1. Sony Vegas Pro 12 was released today.

     

    http://www.sonycreat...m/vegassoftware

     

    No doubt an email will come around to existing users offering them a cheap upgrade.

     

    There was also a further update to version 11, build 700/701.

     

    There are a few nice new features in version 12, but nothing amazing. What the community is really screaming for is stability, as this has gradually been lost since version 8 to the point that 11 was a buggy mess with users jumping ship to Premiere, Edius etc.. Hopefully version 12 will provide it.

     

    Release Notes.

    Edited by Nick Hope
  2. I ran across one online review somewhere.. cant recall where at the moment.. but that reviewer was commenting that it appeared to be the most stable version since 8.

    I'm just a bit bummed that I upgraded to 11 not that long ago.. now comes 12... but I suppose that is the software business game after all...

  3. There's a deal for $50 off the upgrade for existing users until the end of October. I am on V10, and will take the upgrade to have in store for when I upgrade to Windows 7. From reading the SCS forum, it does seem like this version is going to be more solid than V11. Also, we found and identified this bug recently, that exists in V10/V11. Sony say they will fix that in the first V12 update. I would be astonished if they also release a fix for V10/V11.

  4. I recieved my copy of Pro 12 the other day. A big thumbs up from me as it now reads panasonic P2 files natively, instead of needing the raylight plugin.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.