Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any advice? Diving with EPL3 and PT-EP05L, 14-42mm and UCL-165 wet macro lens

Started by dkayuk ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Any advice? Diving with EPL3 and PT-EP05L, 14-42mm and UCL-165 wet macro lens

2 posts
  1. Hi all

    I'm looking for any tips, experiences, whatever useful info may be available and is now hidden in peoples' heads :)

     

    I am taking my new u/w photography gear on a diving holiday to El Quseir for a week, flying out on Friday. It's an Olympus EPL3 camera & PT-EP05L housing. For now I will be using the EPL3 kit lens (14-42mm). Also I bought the UCL-165 M67 macro lens. I realise that it's a little basic but it's all I can afford for now. I will also be using my Inon Z240 type 3 flashgun (generally on Manual mode)

     

    Would love to hear from anybody else who is using the same system and whether they have any useful tips, observations, things that don't work?, what kind of subjects it's good for etc etc.

     

    I do a lot of land-photography with off-camera flash and now that I'm finally using something that isn't a point and shoot compact, I'd like to get as good results as I can within my gear's limitations.

     

    Anyway, any tips you can give me would be much appreciated.

     

    thx

     

    David

  2. I'm also thinking about purchasing this setup, can you post some photos that you took underwater?

     

    Thanks,

    Asaf.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.