Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Cozumel Anemone????

Started by DivinDiva ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Cozumel Anemone????

6 posts
  1. Cozumel Anemone????

    I spotted this twice in Cozumel. I don't believe I had ever seen this before. Can anyone identify it for me?

     

    ID.jpg

  2. This also was taken in Cozumel. I did look it up once, but I don't recall off-hand the name:

     

    Villa%20Blanca_%20Day%20049.jpg

  3. I believe these are Branching Anemone "Lebrunia Danae" also common here in the USVI, although I do not have my ID books with me to double check. I have also seen some wth a bluish coloration.

     

    Doug

  4. Cozumel anemone

    Doug's right...Humann's Reef Creatures lists it as branching anemone.

  5. Sometimes you will find pretty and unusual shrmips associated with these anemones. Sorry for the poor scan quality on this image - I took it when I was 17 (in Antigua). With a Nik V, Marli!

  6. cozumel anemone shrimp

    This gorgeous but tiny shrimp is the fairly recently named Periclimenes rathbunae.. I think Humann calls it a Sun Anemone Shrimp in the new Reef creature ID book. I saw the same one in Grenada.

    Cheers,

    Marli

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.