Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam D800 Housing Dome question

Started by flipken ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam D800 Housing Dome question

4 posts
  1. With the Nauticam Nikon D800 and Sigma 15mm lens my choice would be to use the ZenDP230 dome. But I would like to use a smaller dome for pelagic snorkel photography without strobes. I own the 6"nauticam acrylic dome. However the lens shades touch the inside of the dome. Should I use a small extension ring or cut the shades of the lens. Is there maybe a better small dome choice then the 6"

    Philip

  2. Hi Philip,

     

    I was using the D800 and the Sigma 15mm with the Zen 200mm this week in Egypt with pleasing results and corner sharpness at F9 and above. No need to cut the lens shade either.

     

    8030688319_939e7eab0d_b.jpg

     

    8030682664_7653005f36_b.jpg

  3. Nice shots, Alex!

     

    The black-and-white is particularly nice (turtles? Ho, hum...).

  4. Alex; Any idea how the Nikon 16mmFE would shoot behind an older Sea & Sea Optical Dome Port?...It's only 170mm, but shoots very well with the Tok 10-17 wide open, maybe the best dome S&S ever made.

     

    Jack

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.