Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite Housing for Panasonic Lumix DNC-LX5 Issue

Started by resappraiser ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite Housing for Panasonic Lumix DNC-LX5 Issue

3 posts
  1. I have a new Ikelite Digital Housing #6171.05 for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 camera. I used it for the first time the other day on two dives. Average depths were 75’ and 60’. On both dives, the zoom control would not work, the camera stayed in the wide setting and it would not go to the telephoto when the lever was engaged. Once back on the dive boat, the zoom control would work and I could “zoom in and out”.

     

    Anyone else here have that problem or heard about it? Thanks.

     

    Bob

  2. I saw this years ago on an old housing I had. The Ike port was too short and jambed the lens at depth.

     

    Jack

  3. Thanks Jack. Not sure that's the problem I am having. The depth of the Ikelite housing port is 1" and the camera lens extends less than 1/4" when extended to the telephoto podition. I've contacted Ikelite for their input. Will post it when/if I hear back from them.

     

    Bob

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.