Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

A snippet from a 10 day KOmodo liveaboard

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

A snippet from a 10 day KOmodo liveaboard

13 posts
  1. Now that looks awesome!!!

  2. Really cool!

  3. Nice video indeed!

     

    Could you give us some info on the video setup used?

     

    Bye

  4. Nu uses a 7D in Nauticam box ( sorry alex ) 10-17 for wide angle behind a mini dome and 100mm IS for macro and a Subsee +10 for small critters. Sola 600's for lighting

  5. Thank you so much Stew for sharing my work:)Thanks for show me your brilliant stuff on the boat too.See you again in the Ocean:)

  6. Nice video indeed!

     

    Could you give us some info on the video setup used?

     

    Bye

    Hi!My video setup

    Canon 7D in Nauticam

    Wide-angle setting: Compact dome 4.33" Nauticam ,Tokina 10-17 fisheye with Magic filter.

    Macro setting : Canon 100mm Macro L ,Subsee+10,Light SOLA 1200 Video x2 ,U/W Tripod Xit404,I maneuver focus by manaul focus gear.

    I shoot in 1080p 30 fps but export movie to 25 fps.

     

    Cheers:)

  7. Wow Nu, you really nailed that one. Great work! And what an amazing variety of marine life for one liveaboard.

     

    Did you use a tilt shift lens for your opening?

  8. Wow Nu, you really nailed that one. Great work! And what an amazing variety of marine life for one liveaboard.

     

    Did you use a tilt shift lens for your opening?

    Hi!Nick.Big thanks

    The opening I shoot with normal wide-angle len but I use effect from Crumplepop.com "Shrink Ray"

    That one is tilt-shift effect quite nice one:)

  9. Nu, what depths was this shot at? Particularly those deeper parts when the image is more dark blue, and the reds are getting funky pink :)

  10. Nu, what depths was this shot at? Particularly those deeper parts when the image is more dark blue, and the reds are getting funky pink smile.png

     

    Hi!In the beginning part the beautiful reef shot I shoot on shallow depth between 3-8 m but the schooling fish shot was deep about 20-30 m.

    Usually I have no funky pink rock problem with shallow depth but when go deeper sometime I can see that problem too but I try to re-do manual white balance adjusting

    a few times and look at the result in live-view LCD then shifting white balance little bit :)I think DSLR vdo has this funky pink rock less than camcorder :)

  11. I think DSLR vdo has this funky pink rock less than camcorder smile.png

     

    Yep! :)

  12. Just a little bit better then totally awesome, loved it.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.