Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam EM-5 housing with 12-50mm port

Started by Bubblke7 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam EM-5 housing with 12-50mm port

3 posts
  1. Just back from Malaysia with this set up, I'm very happy with it!

    set up with Flexitray, 2 X YS-D1, Ulttalight arms and clamps...

    its too negative buoyancy underwater, adding 2 Stix was a bit better...

    The 12-50mm port/zoom gear is very complex, but work very well!

    578549_4622738616025_995546723_n.jpg

     

    251365_4626453068884_1255630144_n.jpg

     

    565016_4627571976856_1079518273_n.jpg

  2. 560315_4622340886082_1921918768_n.jpg

     

    557784_4622343206140_1800577729_n.jpg

     

    Only one thing to complain is the Flexitray was too Flexy...

  3. Hi there,

     

    Glad you are enjoying the OMD. I just bought mine with the 12-50mm lens. Before I get my Nauticam setup for underwater I am now deliberating whether I should get the port for this lens or get separate 8mm and 60mm setups. My main interests are general video and macro photography but keen to work with wide angle in the long term also. How do you like your set up so far and how well do you think this lens / port setup works in general and for macro in particular? For me, just about anything will be a step up from my old compact setup for photo. For video I'm moving away from using a Sony miniDV camcorder. The idea being that instead I have one, more versatile setup. Any reason you chose the D-1s over the Inon gear? I am also deciding between the two and, for video / focus lighting, the Big Blue VL1300/1800 or the Video Pro 4.

     

    cheers,

    Kieran

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.