What is a comfortable amount of buoyancy to aim for ?
I have a 50D in Ikelite housing and two DS125's. With an 8" dome, it weighs 1.7kg (3lb 11oz) in water.
I can't say that I've found the weight to bothersome in the half dozen dives I've done with it, but we've got a couple of weeks of diving (GBR & Truk) coming up, so that may change my mind. I need to add some length to my arms, so I may as well add some buoyancy. I assume that's a good plan. Is it ?
Since overall weight is also an issue with traveling, I do have a couple of DS51's which would also make the rig much lighter in the water. How significant are the differences between the DS51 and DS125 in clear water situations ? Would it be a crime to leave them at home and use the 51's ?
Steve.