Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

M.Zuiko 60mm/f2.8 Macro with E-PL3 in Oly housing

Started by zelko ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

M.Zuiko 60mm/f2.8 Macro with E-PL3 in Oly housing

13 posts
  1. Hi!

     

    Is anybody using already this new macro lens for m4/3? And my biggest concern: will it fit somehow into the PT-EP05L housing? With what port? Standard Olympus port? Zen-Port DP-100 or some dedicated macro port?

     

    I'm very curious whether I can already buy this lens for u/w usage :-)

     

    br

    Zelko

  2. It should fit fine in the PT-EP05L standard port.

  3. I'm waiting impatiently to try mine , hope on Saturday , lense inside the Nauticam 12-50 port .

    Both lenses ( 12-50 and 60 mm )are nearby the same size , and none of them protrude when making focus :)

  4. Hi guys,

     

    The 60mm lens does NOT fit in the PT-EP05L. As I unfortunately found out!

     

    Adam

  5. I have the Nauticam housing and 12-50 port on the way and thinking about the 60mm lens. I suspect it fits in the 12-50 port based on the dimensions but I'm wondering about any negative impact on image quality or lens control. The main advantage would be the space saved by having one fewer ports given that the cost of the port for the 60mm and the adapter to use M67 diopters with the 12-50 port is about the same. What are your experiences? Thanks

  6. Is there any other port that will fit on the PT-EP05L housing and will take the 60mm Macro lens?

  7. The stock Olympus WITHOUT the four lights and threads will work. Also the ZEN Underwater port for the 14-42 and 9-18 zooms which has a curved glass. I would not expect to see any custom port for the PEN housings since the above ports will work.

     

    A custom port for the 60 macro with 67mm threads will arrive soon for Nauticam housing owners, also 20mm and 30mm extension ports which can be used with the Nauticam 35 and 45 macro ports will follow the custom port.

     

    Phil Rudin

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  8. The stock Olympus WITHOUT the four lights and threads will work. Also the ZEN Underwater port for the 14-42 and 9-18 zooms which has a curved glass. I would not expect to see any custom port for the PEN housings since the above ports will work.

     

    A custom port for the 60 macro with 67mm threads will arrive soon for Nauticam housing owners, also 20mm and 30mm extension ports which can be used with the Nauticam 35 and 45 macro ports will follow the custom port.

     

    Phil Rudin

     

     

    Hi, how to buy "The stock Olympus WITHOUT the four lights and threads"?

     

    I have check also price for option of Athena port with adapter:

    AD/EP05-PTE + (EP/22-PTE+OPF-MP30-PTE)/OPF-MP30-PTE

    It seems to be over $600, too much for me.

     

    Does anyone have any experience with port PPO-EP01 with housing PT-EP06L/PT-EP05L?

  9. Does anyone have any experience with port PPO-EP01 with housing PT-EP06L/PT-EP05L?

     

    Won't fit, different mount. There is another housing the PT-EP06 for the PM1 that doesn't have the lights. Otherwise, I would use what you have, or maybe see if you can find a junked Oly EP01 housing or somehting to reclaim the port from. The lighted port is a bit bigger, but has tthreads to take a diopter, which is a good idea with that the 60mm macro.

     

    As far as I know, the ports aren't sold seperately.

     

    Jack

  10.  

    Won't fit, different mount. There is another housing the PT-EP06 for the PM1 that doesn't have the lights. Otherwise, I would use what you have, or maybe see if you can find a junked Oly EP01 housing or somehting to reclaim the port from. The lighted port is a bit bigger, but has tthreads to take a diopter, which is a good idea with that the 60mm macro.

     

    As far as I know, the ports aren't sold seperately.

     

    Jack

     

    Thanks Jack but according to reefphoto PP0-EP01 can be disasembled to port and adpter ring.

    Oly.removing-the-port-adapter-320px_11.j

    hence my willingness to find out if anyone had tried this port with PT-EP05L/PT-EP06L.

    Edited by droplet
  11. I believe it is the same E-PL1/2, etc. port with the new mount that allows the port to be mounted to the Olympus housing for the OMD E-M5 camera. If you intend to make the move to the OMD system at some point it is a kind of pay me now or pay me later kind of thing because I don't think you can buy the port adapter for the OMD housing as a single item either.

     

    Phil Rudin

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.