Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

I would like more feedback on the D800...

Started by kmsellin ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

I would like more feedback on the D800...

2 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I am still thinking about the D800 underwater. I really need to change my old d300s for something new. It feels like last time to get good money for that rig.

     

    You guys that have the D800, how you liked your upgrade? Better pictures? You really se differens? Can you guys pls take time an aswer following questions.

     

    1. Do you feel that you have more problems to get super macro with D800? With setup you use for Super Macro?

    2. The change of deep in field, how does it effects your macro and wideangel shots? I have seen pictures with Sigma 15FE, at F11, and the background is way to blur for my opinion. And if you change to smaller F.stop, I think the flashes really have to work.

    3. Du you have more Blur in the pictures becuase the big amont of pixels?

    4. How is your wrk flow on the computer. Its okey to take time to download pictures, but how does it fells to edit and export in lightroom 4

     

    Thank you!

  2. I have used the D800 up to ISO 6000 successfully. The question is: do you really need a 36MP camera? I use the D700 for macro and the D800 for wide-angle, zooming in electronically in post production. Files a BIG.

    I mentioned in another thread how pleased I was to see so many of my pictures at A1 poster size on display at the UK Dive Show last week-end and none of them were taken with the D800.

    Edited by John Bantin
Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.