Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Juvenile octopus in Bali

Started by Luko ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Juvenile octopus in Bali

3 posts
  1. Here's a juvenile octopus to your identification skills... I suppose a juvenile can be anything, probably the most common one.

    I'd say not more than 5cm diameter. Taken on a nightdive on Tulamben Liberty Dropoff, around 15m deep hiding under a rock on blacksand environment, the stone was turned.

    I don't have any better shots it just didn't move while sitting on that turned rock.

     

    8130705522_6872758c2e_z.jpg

  2. Hi Luko -- I kept hoping someone would pop in with an id or at least a suggestion but it looks as if we're all bad at juvenile (or small) IP octopus id. Sorry!

  3. Yep, sorry I don't have any other meaningful photo... i was right to fear a juvenile octopus is quite a pain to identify.

    Anyway, if somebody comes up with an idea, he/she's very welcome to jump in.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.