Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

My First Video with The 7D

Started by diggy ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

My First Video with The 7D

5 posts
  1. Hi Guys, this is my first video shot with the 7d Nauticam combo. Hope you like it. I have managed to edit this to 3.3 minutes. Its a herculean curve learning to edit video. Taken in July 2012 at Cenderawasih Bay

     

    http://youtu.be/eegt0bMyLWU

     

    Cheers,

     

    Diggy

    Edited by diggy
  2. Incredible footage. They are just like house pets. I have the exact same system. When the subject changes distance you have to keep refocussing with the 7D. Compared to a camcorder that always keeps your subject in focus, I find it to be very frustrating.

     

    Hal

  3. I was going to ask at what distance did you set your focus to? Also, was the video shot all at the same focal length? I'm setting up a 7D for u/w, I'm used to a video camera where it can be in constant focus, so here, the trick is to keep the distance constant, but you can't do that. Do you stop shooting, re-focus, then shoot again?

     

    I assume the lack of sharpness is due to all the compression you had to do to get the video to fit inside three minutes, correct?

     

    Nice - Jim

  4. Hi Guys, this is my first video shot with the 7d Nauticam combo. Hope you like it. I have managed to edit this to 3.3 minutes. Its a herculean curve learning to edit video. Taken in July 2012 at Cenderawasih Bay

     

    http://youtu.be/eegt0bMyLWU

     

    Cheers,

     

    Diggy

    Hi

     

    Really it is grate Innovation !

  5. I ended up going to a 7D MkII, solves the focus issue, but believe it or not, the focus motor makes a small noise that gets picked up by the camera's microphone, had to edit out the "noise." The video from the 7D MkII is better because of the focus issue.

     

    Jim

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.