Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Transfer the INON 45° Viewfinder to a new Housing? Possible?

Started by E_viking ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Transfer the INON 45° Viewfinder to a new Housing? Possible?

7 posts
  1. I am on the verge of getting myself a new Camera & Housing. So, loads of decisions to make ...

     

    I am still looking pretty wide for which Brand of Housing (Subal, Nauticam, Aquatica and Hugyfot) to go for.

    They all seem to have their pros & cons. Subal has for an example the advantage that is only a 2-3 hour drive away.

     

    One of the things that I haven't manage to figure out so far. Is if I can transfer my INON 45° Viewfinder over to one of these Housing with an adapter or slotted in directly.

    I haven't managed to find the info on this topic.

     

    Do we have somewhere out there with some experience & info on this issue?

     

    /Erik

  2. I fitted INON 45 viewfinders to my NA-7Ds. Ken Sullivan made the custom adapters - ken.sullivan@ntl.world.com

     

    HTH, Tim

  3. @ Tim: thanks for the Info.

    It seems like there exists some solutions out there for Nauticam housings.

     

    Does anyone know if something similar exists for Subal?

  4. I am sure Ken will be able to create whatever solution you may require, including for Subal. He is an absolute master of engineering prowess and ingenuity... And, no less, recommended and endorsed by Martin Edge in his authoritative tome!

  5. Nauticam has a stock Inon 45 deg viewfinder converter for $200. P/N inon.45.conv.

    I don't see anything in the Aquatica or Sea & Sea catalogs.

     

    Jack

    Edited by JackConnick
  6. The 45 degree viewfinder from Hugyfot is the INON viewfinder, so it fits the Hugyfot without any custom adapter or so.

     

    Udo

  7. It seems that you can buy the complete kit for most Housing.

    If you only want to buy an adapter. I have actually so far only found it for Nauticam.

     

    /Erik

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.