Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon 105mm + Nikon 2X telekonverter with D800

Started by kmsellin ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon 105mm + Nikon 2X telekonverter with D800

12 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

     

    Does anyone know if Nikon 105mm + Nikon 2X telekonverter with D800 works with autofocus?

     

    /M

  2. As far as I know, no. Especially the AFS version. I can get the AFD version to AF with Kenko TC.

  3. I shot this combo in the Red Sea in June and I was pleased with it. I posted some pictures at the time.

     

    But I'd only use the best lenses and teleconverters (Nikon 105mm AF-S and Nikon 2.0x III AF-S). Others will work but will be a waste of a D800.

     

    Alex

  4. I shot this combo in the Red Sea in June and I was pleased with it. I posted some pictures at the time.

     

    But I'd only use the best lenses and teleconverters (Nikon 105mm AF-S and Nikon 2.0x III AF-S). Others will work but will be a waste of a D800.

     

    Alex

     

    NIce to hear! Did it work with autofocus?

  5. Yes - it worked well. Alex

  6. I have tried with the nikon teleconverter TC-20E III and woks just fine, also tried with the Kenko pro 300 dc 2x and works fine...

    no problem at all

    the detail is superb...

  7. So I erred.

  8. It's odd, isn't it? Nikon says that the combination doesn't work, but (at least on the recent top-end bodies) it does...

  9. Regardless, It is going to be a handfull in the water though Tim.

     

    The AF on my D800 is better than the D300 but in the water I find the 105/D300 bad enough - chuck in a load more mag and what, one and a half or two stops of light loss ?

     

    Alex could make a box brownie work in the water so don't take any notice of him.

     

    Paul C

  10. I've used a +5D lens on the 105mm, but, I agree, using a 2x TC is a bit, err, specialised...

  11. Hi,

     

    Anyone tryed Nikon 60mm and 2X telekonverter. Perhaps thats a better setup for extrem close ups,

  12. You would be getting to close to your object with a 60mm and a 2x converter.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.