Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Carry on luggage & batteries

Started by tc_rain ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Carry on luggage & batteries

6 posts
  1. Anyone ever have any problems with the TSA and their DS 160 batteries in carry-on luggage?

  2. I have been schlepping a couple of them around for two years without a problem. And certainly the case has been gone through numerous times...

  3. I travel a lot with Camera Equipment and batteries. I never had any issues. I always make sure the battery packs are empty. Once we had a battery pack blow up on a flight in cargo.

  4. The last time I flew with my equipment they did a ETD test

  5. I carry my DS 161 and 125 on all the time through TSA. The batteries show up black when they go through the x-ray machine, so most of the time my stuff gets pulled and checked. But I have never had a problem with them after I tell them what it is and they actually see it. I usually allow a few extra minutes a screening when I leave because I know this is going to happen.

     

    You should not have any problems with it. - Pam

  6. Just detach the battery, I usually get through the checks without being pulled out, though I normally come early tothe checkin just to be sure

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.