I have noticed that the front glass on my Epoque WAL seems to have some marks on it - looks like a build up of something or other (or is the lens face coated with something like anti reflective glare coating and it is wearing off?). Looking at it it looks aweful but when I view the lens side on and get light to reflect off it it looks perfect.
What do you use to clean lenses and any ideas how to get rid of the marks.
Could it be on the INSIDE - if so can the lens be cleaned. Its never leaked etc so I am at a loss what to do - it does not seem to effect my pics
Its an Epoque DCL20
Hi Kirky,
you might want to PM Mr Bantin back over on YD. I recall in one of his articles how he had somebody scratch one of his lenses and he somehow rectified it. The man may know how to solve this problemo.
Tim
WAL
Thanks Tim.
Have found out that its just general wear and tear on the surface coating of the lens - bit like old glasses that have had an anti reflective coating that wears off over time.
No detriment to the lens or pic quality - just looks `dirty`. Buyer is OK with this