Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

nudibranch - id needed

Started by njcfm ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

nudibranch - id needed

3 posts
  1. looked through nudipixel and think it is one of the following but i'm just not sure:

     

     

    Felimare samueli

     

     

    Chromodoris

     

     

    none of them match in colour or pattern, antenna and gills appear to be similar though, any ideas/suggestions? Found in the Atlantic, specifically Bermuda

     

    nudi2.jpg

     

    IMG_9797.jpg

     

    any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

  2. Beautiful Slug!

     

    Possible ID- Hypselodoris picta I also looked closely at Hypselodoris zebra but not sure if that name is still still valid?

     

    I'm sure one of our members from that region will be familiar with it.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. Beautiful Slug!

     

    Possible ID- Hypselodoris picta I also looked closely at Hypselodoris zebra but not sure if that name is still still valid?

     

    I'm sure one of our members from that region will be familiar with it.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

     

     

    Hypselodoris picta - looks very similar, colors and pattern are a bit off, but i'm not sure if that matters.

     

    Hypselodoris zebra - looks dead on, awesome.

     

    I'd be interested to meet other members from my region, sometimes it seems like i'm all alone on this island

    Edited by njcfm
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.