Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Gulp!

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Gulp!

15 posts
  1. Here is a short fun video from Lembeh of a series of different animals munching away on dinner!

     

    http://youtu.be/JXexf50vemY

  2. That was cool, thanks.

  3. Cool; love to see this in slomo...

  4. Thanks guys.. Loftus, actually I doubled the speed on the cuttlefish! Its the orange froggie that really needs to be seen in slo-mo.. I will give it a shot and see how it looks

  5. Nice Mike. Filmed them mating, guarding eggs, showing off but never really feeding. Enjoyed that I did.

    Steve

  6. Predation is the hardest behavior to capture. Great job.

  7. Thanks Steve and Eric :)

  8. Hey Mike, those poor little fish you sent to their deaths because of your lights :-)

    What camera were you using?

  9. thats the Z1 in the recently departed housing :(

  10. Nicely done, Mike!

  11. Very cool!

  12. To get that many predation shots takes a lot of time, a great understanding of behaviour and a fair helping of that magic ingredient - luck! :)

     

    Great stuff Mike. Last time I was at Lembeh I sat by a Frogfish for nearly 6 hours and didn't get anything apart from the odd yawn!!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  13. 6 hours! Maybe it was a sponge. What did you breathe?

  14. Not on a single dive Nick(!), but yes I have filmed a sponge in the past before realising that it wasn't a Froggy....

  15. you can't do 6 hours Simon?!? lightweight.. :P

     

    Thanks, yes, it does take patience that is for sure, as well as luck, that Octopus I still haven't figured out what it pounced on..

    Edited by MikeVeitch
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.