Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

One way radio communcation?

Started by aroundlsu ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

One way radio communcation?

7 posts
  1. I am looking for something that will let me receive radio communications at no more than 30 feet from the service. I do not need or want to be able to talk back. I just want to hear what someone is telling me. A tethered system would be OK. Has anyone seen a submersible headset or earpiece?

  2. Sorry, that's not one that I'm familiar with, and I can't say that I recognize anything from the photo either.

  3. For Sanctum on location I think we used the OTS buddy phones. They have ear pieces that clip to a mask strap so one person can yell at a whole bunch of divers and they can't talk back. One issue encountered was that they only receive while immersed so when divers surfaced they couldn't hear anything.

  4. Thanks for the information. I found this:

    http://www.lubell.com/UW30PA.html

     

    It looks to be a perfect solution and is relatively inexpensive. Everyone in the water will be able to hear it including divers and actors. I really just need something simple and reliable so everyone can hear action, cut, and direction from the director.

  5. This actually looks like a great idea:

    http://www.hydroflex...meras/comm.html

     

    Any idea what they are using?

     

    Its an underwater speaker system, we use something very similar on fashion shoot when working in pool, it works very well and the diver has no need to be tethered

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.