Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 150 macro in Aquatica

Started by stever ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 150 macro in Aquatica

5 posts
  1. will it fit with some extension combination?

     

    focus gear?

     

    i want to photograph shrimp and gobies and the Canon 100 with aps c doesn't quite do it. extenders that work with the Canon 100 aren't that great.

     

    any other possibilities?

  2. I've used the 150 macro with the 7D. The 18462 Extension is the correct extension I believe, can verify tonight. Very long working distance. Your biggest hurdle is throwing the strobe power out there for good lighting. This is based on the non-IS version of the Sigma 150 macro.

     

    I used it in AF mode. The 7D's af is pretty good, plus I did the MFA calibration using the Reikan FoCal software.

     

    S.

  3. I am using the 150mm on an APS Nikon. It appears that the lens has no advantage over the 105 for 1:1 because the lens is longer. However, for gobies and other skittish critters the longer working distance should be a godsend. I should mention that i use a subsee +5 and +10 on both lenses. The lens will only go to f/22.

     

    Regards,

  4. I use this lens with my Aquatica 5D mk 2 and wouldn't be without it. It is stunningly sharp! I use a longer extension than really necessary because I happen to have that ring already. I use AF all the time. Only complaint is a none too brisk focussing speed but I suspect that is probably more to do with the 5D2's pretty ancient focussing system

  5. thanks

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.