Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Boston Sea Rovers Clinic 2004

Started by echeng ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Boston Sea Rovers Clinic 2004

12 posts
  1. Boston Sea Rovers Clinic 2004

    Personal (non Wetpixel) coverage:

    http://www.echeng.com/journal/index.php?p=618

     

    check out the bottom for photos of where the Aquatica E-TTL to TTL bridge is going to be mounted.

     

    I'm tired. It too me 7.5 hours to get from Boston to New York (AmTrak train had a failure, and then the tracks were blocked), and I have to be at work ... in not very many hours. :)

     

    -eric

  2. Eric, you're working in NY, now? Welcome to the big apple! I'm just above you in Queens. :)

  3. I'm in NY for a few months -- until just before the Fiji shootout trip. :)

     

    it's SNOWING today. argh.

  4. Wow, first time I've seen you in a suit. Sharp dressed man! I thought I was the only one who had to wear one of those.LOL

     

    Thanks for the TTL pic. Now I am really itching to get ahold of that housing.

  5. Heh...pack me in a suitcase for fiji...I'll carry the pelican cases. :)

  6. Yup, snowing in the NYC area today, after being 60F on Saturday. And you wonder why New Englanders always seem cranky, you would be too if the weather changed that much that quick... :)

  7. 60 during the day, 30s at night, in Boston. But very pretty!

     

     

    You know what was frustrating? People would come up to me and speak in a familiar manner, but I had no idea who they were. Please, please introduce yourselves before starting a conversation! :) This was especially problematic for unregistered guests of WP (probably 3/4 of the traffic we get), since there's no way I could have any idea who they were...

  8. Yes, behave :-)

     

    I also introduced myself when meeting Eric the first time in Antibes.

  9. Andi - I remember hearing someone outside in the hotel hallway, and thinking, "that must be Andi." -- opened the door, and there you were!

     

    But I had no photo of you before, I don't believe, so I was just guessing.

  10. Yes, that really was a mystical moment for me, since I knew a lot about you virtually from your blog. Actually I was lurking in front of that slim French door all night to catch your first move in the morning. :-)

     

    But seriosly, what exactly made you think "that must be Andi." ?

     

    >But I had no photo of you before, I don't believe, so I was just guessing.

     

    That is just partly true! I had an "furry avatar" picture (as bob once called it) all the time.

    And before that one, there was an avatar-pic of me smoking sheesha.

    Maybe I should change the current horrible pic for something more dive-like.

  11. Just as long as you are not in a Speedo.

     

    J

  12. By the way, I played with a Nikon D70 at the Underwater Photo Tech booth, and it seems like a very nice camera.

     

    Sea & Sea is claiming that they will ship the D70 housing along side the US releast of the D70 itself.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.