Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

writing .NEF files to cd

Started by footlooseii ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

writing .NEF files to cd

2 posts
  1. writing .NEF files to cd

    Hi Guys,

     

    I don't seem to be able to store the raw (.NEF) files from my Nikon

    D100 onto cd. Am I missing something? XP throws up an errow message whenever I try to copy them over.

     

    The only way I have been able to do it so far is to first winzip all the files. But, this is an extra step that I'd like to avoid.

     

    Any suggestions?

     

    Thanks, John

  2. Hi!

     

    Could be that it's because the D100 is a removable media. Try to copy the images to a directory on a built in hard disk and move it to the CD from there. WinXP doesn't "copy" the images to the CD when you drag them but later on when you decide to start the actual writing process.

    It therefore needs some extra data stored somewhere to handle the directory info etc. This may cause troubles on removable media, also because the files to be written might be unaccessible (removed media!) when you start writing to the CD.

     

    Helge ;-)=)

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.