Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Please advise on S100 + YS-D1 settings

Started by horseflesh ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Please advise on S100 + YS-D1 settings

4 posts
  1. I just got this duo and need to get the settings dialed in, so I could use some help from someone who has been down this road.

     

    Test exposures with the camera in Manual, camera strobe forced On, and the strobe in Manual seem to work fine. This is how I used my old rig. (DX-2G + YS-01)

     

    The TTL setting on the YS-D1 does not seem to work, but according to the manufacturer's compatibility list, it should work with the S100. So, I have something set wrong. But what?

     

    *Any* tips on settings for these gadgets would be greatly appreciated. This fancy new strobe does TTL, I want to try it out!

  2. The s100 will only do ttl in Av or Tv modes.

  3. Finally got it sussed out--you are right of course, TTL does not work in Manual. Thanks to a CHDK script though, now it does!

  4. Finally got it sussed out--you are right of course, TTL does not work in Manual. Thanks to a CHDK script though, now it does!

     

    Yep that's my script remember to either set to autostart and switch on the camera in manual or start the script with alt+shutter

    Have fun

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.