Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Channel mixing/filter settings on Mac

Started by Gombessa ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Channel mixing/filter settings on Mac

2 posts
  1. I'm looking for suggestions for any Mac software/workflow to incorporate some easy channel mixing/filters to color-correct available light video. I'm not making art, my videos are essentially just "movie dive logs" for myself and buddies, and I want to make them more bearable to watch. I typically have been doing everything in iMovie, but it lacks the color correction functions to help account for blue/green water, so I've started importing clips into Photoshop to use Channel Mixers and Photo Filter adjustment layers. So far it's been pretty cumbersome. Is there a "quick'n'easy" way to do this, preferably without needing to drop too many hundreds of dollars on expensive software packages just to use this one function?

     

    Just to level-set, this is the typical output (please lower your expectations accordingly):

     

    [youtubehd]1ENOlGZJ7Dc[/youtubehd]

     

    Sorry for the huge embed, the regular youtube/media bbcode doesn't seem to be working for me.

  2. Try reading this thread.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.