Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

OMD-EM5 Reference/Resources

Started by deepbluemd ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

OMD-EM5 Reference/Resources

2 posts
  1. All,

    While recently completing research on compact underwater photography systems, I compiled a list of internet links to sites I had visited so that I could quickly find relevant information again. Having reading about various camera features and housings, and after receiving sage advice from other experts, I decided to go with the Olympus OMD-EM5 and NA-EM5 equipment as a second, smaller UW system. In the event that other underwater photographers are completing similar internet searches, I've collated most of my links and pasted them below. I have no commercial affiliations and simply provide links as they are available to anyone perusing the world wide web. Hopefully this list will save considerable time and effort for others completing their own investigations. The list is by no means exhaustive, and if anyone wishes to add their own favorite references, this will broaden and enhance the resource list. I intentionally did not provide all of the available threads from Wetpixel, Scubaboard and other UW photography sites as these are easily searchable on these sites and forums.

     

    The following list of resources contains links to product software, manual downloads, camera reviews, housings, lenses, ports, underwater settings, and trays.

     

     

     

     

    OMD E-M5 RESOURCES

     

    OLYMPUS SUPPORT

     

    OMD E-M5 PDF Manual download (may have to paste link in address bar depending on your browser)

    · http://www.olympus.c...d/man_em5_e.pdf

     

    Summary of Firmware Version Updates and link to downloads

    · http://www.olympus.c...rm/omd/em5.html

     

    Olympus software/firmware downloads for Mac and windows

    · http://www.olympusam...ads.asp?id=1583

     

    REVIEWS

     

    Camera Reviews

    · http://www.dpreview....iews/olympusem5

     

    · http://www.stevehuff...-by-steve-huff/

     

    · http://www.imaging-r...m5/omd-em5A.HTM

     

    · http://www.thephoblo...lympus-omd-em5/

     

    · http://blog.mingthei...2012/06/02/omd/

     

    UNDERWATER HOUSINGS

     

    Nauticam NA-EM5

     

    Nauticam NA-EM5 Housing Manual PDF Download

    · http://nauticam.com/...oduct/p_159.pdf

     

    Nauticam Product Info, Ports, photos

    · http://www.nauticamu...ympus-om-d-em-5

     

    Nauticam Housing -UWPG

    · http://www.uwphotogr...erwater-housing

     

    Wetpixel thread on NA-EM5

    · http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=47237

     

    Deepshots.co.uk review

    · http://www.deepshots...na-em5-housing/

     

     

    Olympus PT-EP08

    · http://wetpixel.com/...mpus-om-d-e-m5/

     

    · Official olympus product link http://www.olympus.c...ep08/index.html

     

     

    TOPSIDE AND UNDERWATER SETTING REFERENCES

     

    Dpreview Collection of Optimized User Settings

    · http://www.dpreview....he-olympus-e-m5

     

    Table of EM5 Assignable Fn Chart

    · http://omdem5.wordpr...n-button-chart/

     

    The Micro 4/3rds forum thread on the OMD E-M5

    · http://www.mu-43.com...e-thread-22157/

     

    Underwater Settings for OMD E-M5, by Coroander and Mustard

    · http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=48625

     

    LENSES

    Olympus 60 mm macro

    · http://www.dpreview....2-body-cap-lens

     

    · http://www.uwphotogr...cro-lens-review

     

    · http://footlessfish....ng-called-macro

     

     

    Topside comparisons of Panasonic 45/2.8 macro (PL45), the Carl Zeiss ZF.2 2/50 Makro-Planar, the Nikon AFS 60/2.8 G Micro, and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 60/2.8 Macro (WINNER)

    · http://blog.mingthei...macro-shootout/

     

     

    Panasonic 8 mm fisheye for MFT

    · http://www.uwphotogr...-fisheye-review

     

    · http://www.stevehuff...-by-steve-huff/

     

     

    Olympus 12-50 EZ (works at either full Macro or WA without zoom port, otherwise requires Nauticam 36161 MacroPort with M77 thread for Olympus 12-50)

    · http://www.scubaboar...ter-images.html

     

     

    PORT AND GEAR LINKS

    · http://www.nauticam....list-b.asp?id=6

     

    · http://reefphoto.com...Path=80_148_149

     

    · http://opticaloceans.../flat-ports-en/

     

    · http://www.bluewater...taxonomy:10.313

     

    Trays

    · http://opticaloceans...xitray-set.html

  2. Wow, this is a LOT of useful information. Thanks for the hard work to create this. I will be very busy this week digesting this, as I am about to do 5 days of heavy diving in Curacao, which, basically, is going to be the maiden voyage of my new baby!

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.