Since the long-awaited 10-18mm is finally available everywhere, when can we expect a housing + lens port solution for this lens?
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Any NEX-5N, 5R, or 6 with 10-18mm solution coming soon?
Started by A.Y. ·
- 5Posts
- 5Replies
Read-only discussion
Any NEX-5N, 5R, or 6 with 10-18mm solution coming soon?
-
-
In progress already
-
Nauticam February 5th announcement: "Nauticam is also pleased to announce support for the new Sony 10-18mm f/4 WA zoom with a special 7” dome (part 36128) and zoom gear (part 36173). Another industry first is a new Macro/Zoom Control Port 45 (part 36127) with a focus/zoom knob to support the new Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 retractable zoom."
I assume the 7" dome port will cost about the same as the $999 one for the 7-14mm. Does $1k buy you a glass or acrylic dome?
Any price on the port for the 16-50mm power zoom yet? Does it get a mini dome or a flat port?
-
The Panasonic 7-14 Nauticam port in the US is $480. The Sony 10-18 port is $520. both are acrylic.
Phil Rudin
-
Phew, I'm glad I made a mistake. Thanks!