Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Indonesian Dugong Video posted

Started by uzun ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Indonesian Dugong Video posted

8 posts
  1. I posted a short dive video featuring some footage from a year or soago when I encountered an Indonesian Dugong off of Bangka islandSulawesi. It includes some misc footage from previous dives in a(failed) attempt to create a compelling story out of the search.

    Video can be seen here on youtube (up to 1080p)-

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXDtoAzKBI

     

     

    or here on Vimeo (720p) -

     

    [vimeohd]55315636[/vimeohd]-Roger

    Edited by Drew
  2. Cool video.. and a great little story, i like the bit about the sharks chasing you out of the water :)

     

    Seeing a dugong there is quite rare! Must have been a great experience

  3. Yea actually finding a Dugong around Sulawesi is a real experience. Basically took a van ride with a local dive guide and had some local fishermen go to a beach where a pair of dugongs showed up most days. They are almost totally extirpated from most of Indonesia.

  4. Nice video Roger!

  5. Nice find! Your script was a bit fantabulous... more than the sharks I liked the way you allude to how it was all on one dive. I think the dive ops should hire you! :)

  6. ... I liked the way you allude to how it was all on one dive. I think the dive ops should hire you! smile.png

     

    I had a chuckle at that too. I pulled the same trick in my reef life video, implying that 2 hours of the best footage from 5 years was all shot on the same day haha.

     

    Some very nice shots in your video Roger. What camera/housing/lights were you using?

  7. Very nice.

  8. Yes what an amazing dive! You sold me I want to go there now!! :D

     

    Cheers, Simon

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.