Would like to share some photos taken by D600 during our housing test:




The entire gallery in Smugmug is here: http://nauticam.smug...27007988_nbvLNS
Thank you for watching,
Edward
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Edward Lai ·
Read-only discussion
Would like to share some photos taken by D600 during our housing test:




The entire gallery in Smugmug is here: http://nauticam.smug...27007988_nbvLNS
Thank you for watching,
Edward
Nice pctures! What dd yu thinlkk as far as the camera itself goes?
.
Vert nice pictures !!
What lighting were you using ?
Hi KirkD,
I regard the files from the new generation FX sensors in D4/D800/D600 are much more film-like in terms of smoothness (low-noise) and dynamic range compared to any digital cameras I used before. If you don't need 36 mp this camera is the best after D4 at very affordable cost. Only one very minor complain that the OK button in the center of the multi-selector is not customizable to have one-push zoom in during playback for checking focus.
It is lighter and smaller than D800 which is perfect for underwater. AF speed seems to be on par with D800. Everything etc is up to our expectation. Haven't spent much time with shooting movie yet. But have to caution that AF in video mode is still not quite usable.
Hi garoupa,
I used 2 Inon Z240s for all photos set to S-TTL and triggered by the internal pop-up flash.
Edward
great shots there and first ones i've seen with the d600. I have this camera and have been using it on land and been really impressed with it. As you say, the DR is superb and have pushed it far with iso and been really impressed with the quality of files. Had some fantastic reviews too.
Looking to get it underwater in the coming weeks
Looks great Edward. I hope to get the D800 under the water next year.
Beautiful Edward....really lovely!!
Well done :-)
The images look very like some of the D800 results that I've begun to "darkroom" from Bali a couple of weeks ago. It seems that the D600 is going to be one to watch...
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.