Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

some tips needed

Started by ahplee ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

some tips needed

3 posts
  1. some tips needed

    Hi,

     

    I met someone a few years ago who took a Cathy Church workshop and said that he had learned many tricks to help improve his underwater photography. If anyone knows of any of these trick please share them with us. He didn't go into details but he did say 2 interesting things. I wanted to know if someone knew of these techniques as well. He said he had a trick to photograph just the eye of the fish and the use of cheeze wiz to attract fish to his camera. I'm not sure if that would be harmful to the environment but please comment. Any other tricks or tips that are safe for the marine environment and the diver would be appreciated to help get that special photo.

     

    Thanks

  2. I am sure that Cathy would be happy to share these tips with you, send her an email and sign up for her course.

    I took it and learned quite a bit. She is more than happy to share her extensive knowledge with her students.

  3. I also took a class with Cathy 2 years also did a dive with her. She brings Cheeze Wiz along with her the fish all knew what the can was when she brought it out.

    Things I learned..

    Always shoot at the highest quality you camera support.

    Always use ASA 100 or better.

    An extrenal flash really helps.

    Bob J

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.