Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sola video/photo?

Started by MortenHansen ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sola video/photo?

4 posts
  1. Hi everyone!

     

    I am looking at getting myself a video/focus light.

     

    Was looking at the Sola1200 video at first, but then I saw the photo version with the red light and thought that would be nice.

     

    Now, my question is: What is the difference between video/photo except for the fact that the photo has a red light built in?

     

     

    Thanks a bunch, Morten

  2. I think the video lights have both broad and more focused beams (flood vs. spot) instead of the red, at least the older 1200 were that way.

    Bill

  3. Bill's right, the Photo version is a 60 degree beam with roughly 1200 lumens white and 300 red also @ 60. The dive light and video light have a 60 degree flood and a 12 degree spot. All three have three power levels. 1200, 600, and 300.

     

    Have fun,

    Steve

  4. Now, my question is: What is the difference between video/photo except for the fact that the photo has a red light built in?

     

    I dive with dual Sola video 1200s and my GoPro and LOVE them.

     

    I dove a month or so ago with a buddy who had a single 1200 dive version. What I noticed underwater looking at the two beams side-by-side, is that the dive version has a slightly yellow cast to it. I thought my video version was a whiter, more daylight type of beam. Personally, I prefer the look (color temp) of the video version.

     

    - Ken

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.