Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Anemone Shrimp from Komodo

Started by BrianM ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Anemone Shrimp from Komodo

5 posts
  1. Ancylomenes tosaensis or Ancylomenes sarasvati, what are the diagnostic differences between these two species?

     

    5075062457_c04a2be864_z.jpg

  2. The one you show is the sarasvati is it not?

  3. The one you show is the sarasvati is it not?

     

    Shouldn't it be playing on a Vina then?

  4. The one you show is the sarasvati is it not?

     

    Up until now I thought it was Ancylomenes tosaensis, but I've seen similar shrimps identified as Ancylomenes sarasvati, so now I'm confused.

    Hence my question, how do you tell the difference between these two similar species?

  5. I dont know the initial name you mention, I've always recognised the one you show as the sarasvati, from the book you mentioned on another thread that I think I initially got it from

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.