Hi Guys,
I don´t know if you have notice that the S&S D800 housing and S&S Optical port does not fit directly on each other... Even that it says so in S&S system chart. That is wrong.
The port is not possible to mount on the S&S D800 housing. Its to tight so when you turn the port towards the right position the sunshade hits the house.
According to me the solution is NOT to take the shade away. Is better to remake the sun shade. Its simple and it works perfect!
1. Use a screw driver to take the shade of
2. Use a machine the can remove plastic, spining machine... (sorry I don´t know the english name..)
3. Dont´t take to much of, and its only back of the shade that has to be remade.
4. Takes about 30 minuts, and after you can hardly see that the shade has been change.
Just a tip from me!
If you want I can post some pictures!
And the results..... I have just made some pool shots, and not looked at the pictures in the computer yet. But it looks really good! No vignetting, after f/7.1 the corners starts to get really sharp. Nice!
/Mattias
P.S I hope S&S make an alternativ shade that people can buy if they want!