Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Red filter for sola video lights

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Red filter for sola video lights

3 posts
  1. Has anyone developed any ad hoc DIY solution to apply a red filter to the sola?

    I am aware there is a photo version with red light but I have two video and not planning to change for now

    Any suggestions appreciated

    My initial thought is an ikelite push on but he color is orange not red

  2. I don't have a Sola but just as an idea:

    I made a simple red filter from the lid of a ketchup bottle that happened to fit tight on my Dive Rite light. I drilled out the centers of the lid and glued red transparent acetate film (available in hobby stores) to the top part.

    Best regards,

    --Rob

     

     

    post-7565-0-10933900-1356445176_thumb.jpg

    post-7565-0-53787900-1356445185_thumb.jpg

    Edited by rumblefish
  3. You can buy red filters from Dyron in a variety of sizes and you can use velcro to put them on the light. Or you can buy some wratten gels and do the same thing. If you get the 67 mm screw on filter you can use a step up or down adapter epoxied to the front of the light.

    Bill

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.