Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Rear window on Nauticam housings, acrylic or glass?

Started by fly&dive ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Rear window on Nauticam housings, acrylic or glass?

9 posts
  1. Hi, appreciate if someone can tell me if the rear window on Nauticam housings (specifically NA-7D & NA-5DMKIII) is acrylic or glass?

     

    After a recent trip to Raja Ampat, the rear window on a housing ended up with a couple of scratches on a dive with raging currents at Cape Kri. If acrylic I may be able to polish away the scratches.

     

    Thanks fpr the info!

  2. AFAIK, they're all acrylic.

  3. AFAIK, they're all acrylic.

     

    Yes, definitely acrylic.

  4. I was under the impression they are polycarbonate...

  5. Thanks all for the info. I guess then I should be able to polish out the scratches, or at least reduce them.

  6. If you need any more information, suggest that you contact Jean at Aquatica. He is the technical director and is great about answering questions.

     

    http://aquatica.ca/en/contact.html

  7. They are polycarbonate, which can be tricky to polish. Replacement parts and labor from NUSA for customers in the Americas is $280.

     

    If you need any more information, suggest that you contact Jean at Aquatica. He is the technical director and is great about answering questions.

     

    http://aquatica.ca/en/contact.html

    Wrong company...

  8. They are polycarbonate, which can be tricky to polish. Replacement parts and labor from NUSA for customers in the Americas is $280.

     

    [/color]

     

    Wrong company...

     

    Nah, right company, wrong product happy.png

     

    You would give it a try with a NOVUS Plastic polish, you don't really have much to lose, if it does not work out, then get a replacement

  9. LOL you manufacturers crack me up!

     

    Any headlight lens restoration kit will work on polycarb. Just a matter of how much your time is worth to you and whether you want to deal with elbow grease vs paying for a replacement. I'd check with your SG dealers and see what it costs. I know I bought a 3M or Permatex kit in SG once.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.