Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

considerable noise

Started by terip ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

considerable noise

3 posts
  1. considerable noise

    I am shooting with a Fuji S2 in camera raw and have noticed considerable noise on my macro shots--Any suggestions? I'm using 2 SB 105 strobes TTL with the white balance on either daylight or flash. Does anyone have any great suggestions as to Photoshop fixes using the Photoshop Raw window? I've tried Luminosity and Color noise reduction?!?!? Any suggestions are greatfully accepted...Thanks

  2. Can you give us some more details? If you expose the shot correctly, you should get EXTREMELY low noise at ISO100.

     

    Are you shooting higher? Are you underexposing and "bringing up" the shot in Photoshop? If the latter is the case, when you bring up the shot more than a stop and a half, you will start to see pattern noise in Photoshop. If you have to push that far, use the Fuji converter.

     

    I've been shooting the Fuji S2 for some time and am extremely happy w/ its noise performance.

     

    HTH

    James Wiseman

  3. I have to agree with James. The only time I have had this problem was with severely underexposed shots that I tried to push. Low noise is one of the S2's more favorable attributes.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.